Tuesday 8 October 2013

'The Broken Code'

Ted and Barney Try to Solve Issues with Marshal's Help, and Robin Has No Friends
The Bro Code: now thankfully replacing 50 Shades of Grey everywhere

In a way, I'm glad Ted and Barney finally got to properly talk about Ted's feelings for Robin. In another way, it's annoying how this issue just doesn't go away. I know one of the season's purposes is for Ted to learn to get over Robin, but I hope this topic is resolved soon-ish rather than in, say, the last episode just before Ted meets the Mother.
Btw, I'm glad Barney had eventually turned up at the carousel (or as I call it the merry-go-round). It makes sense than him never trying to get back to Robin that day.  
I loved how we finally got some satisfying interaction between Marshal and the rest of the gang. Without Marshal with them, or any of them for that matter, it doesn't feel quite the same. Who I also welcomed the return of is Barney's tailor. Haven't seen that charming guy for ages.
So Robin doesn't like girl friends? What about the friends she had at the very start before she dumped them for the gang? Or Jessica Glimmer? Robin's excuse that she was brought up a boy, but I feel this is an aspect of her character that has been somewhat exaggerated for the plot's sake this episode.
But do you know what puzzled me the most, dear Reader? When Lily was talking Robin into meeting some new girls I naturally thought, "Wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity for Robin to meet the Mother?" So I waited. And the Mother never showed up. I thought it was a bit of a strange choice to not even hint about the Mother's existence to Robin in this greatly-crafted situation. It felt almost like a wasted opportunity.
DAMMIT PATRICE! I know this is somehow your fault!
Btw, where is the Mother staying anyway? It doesn't seem like she's staying in the same hotel.

One more thing to add. I thought the Bro Code was written by Barnabus Stinson? Maybe he rediscovered the rules after Broses came up with them.

Highlights: Ted and Barney holding hands at the beach, Marshal's video calls

Favourite Quote:
Barney:Wadup?
Ted: Nothing up! Everything down! All parts of me down!

Click to see Ted cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment