Tuesday 1 October 2013

'Last Time in New York'

Ted Prepares to Break it Off with NYC, Barney and Robin Navigate an Elderly-Apocalypse, and Marshal's Inner Viking is Hindered by Cheese
"Hey bro. Need a ride in this sweet air conditioned cab?"

This episode was, I admit, on the boring side for me. Why? Not exactly sure. Maybe because the Mother wasn't there? I should probably be more patient with her appearances.
 
Barney and Robin's little adventure in avoiding the elderly relatives was funny. I thought Ted was being a bit of a sook at times with his list of things to do before leaving New York. I loved Lily's little life speech on how to say goodbye to the bad times, not the good, and enjoy the good times of the future. It's a times like these that I feel really inspired by HIMYM's wisdom.
 
Marshal's subplot was alright. It's just that American sports rivalries are not a familiar topic with me. But after watching the recent AFL grand final between the Hawks and the Dockers, I can understand the passion behind it. At least Daphne is nice now!
 
Loved the return of the swords from "The Duel" back in Season 1. Makes me glad I have seen 'The Princess Bride'. Now all we need is a new pineapple flashback to show up... 
 
But holy moly, why did the episode have to end there? I immediately proceeded to shout "No! You can't do that! No, no!" repeatedly at my laptop as the credits rolled.
 
Highlight: A draw between Lily's lovely speech, Barney's "I saw you and Robin at the carousel" and the return of the swords.
 
Favourite Quote:
Lily: My name is Martigo Degoia. You killed someone I love. Prepare to dance!
Future Ted: Yes, kids, that's what your Aunt Lily thought the line was.
 
Click on the promo to witness the walking old.
 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment