Saturday 19 October 2013

'The Poker Game'

Ted, Lily and Marshal Get Swarmed in a Cloud of Confusion, and Poker Gets Serious
Look out Macchio, Ted's got his pokerface on

In the poker story line, I felt Robin was taking it a bit too far personally. I mean I understand why. James was insulting marriage, and Barney wouldn't tell him off. That's just my opinion anyway. I guess Robin's behaviour was balanced by Barney's overreaction at the end. Shows a game of poker can get serious as you want it to.

I liked the wedding present/thank you mix up story. Was I the only one who didn't see the Slutty Pumpkin in that Halloween scene? Makes me feel a bit ashamed. I loved Ted's Gazola's pizza delivery gesture to Marshal! 

Speaking of cameos, I loved the return of Garzola's pizza and Marshal's burger speech - all wrapped into one! Also the return of Stuart and Claudia (or not Claudia).The writers are really pushing the comebacks, aren't they? I'm still waiting for the goat...

Highlights: Garzola's pizza, Marshal and Ted giving each other very "subtle" hints about wedding presents and thank you notes.

Favourite Quote: (Oh dear, I don't seem to be able to remember it, but it was what James said about staying fit and muscular in case he becomes single again, and look how things turned out!)

Check out this very bluffy promo.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment